Sunday, July 24, 2011

No Game

At exactly 8:28 I received this text from Commissioner Peter Berwald:

I can't play whiff, I don't feel very well.

This was my chance to run this show (for a day)! I gathered all the supplies one needs and headed to Nance Bradds Wiffle Park:


I took da Commish's parking spot. I had chairs, and chalk, a bat and balls. I had cold blue Gatorade. I was going to make the teams....

But only Kurt showed up and I could tell he wasn't serious: he didn't bring a hat. So we haven't played since the All Star Game (but it was good to skip the heat wave).

Remember that this Wednesday is the last Wednesday in July. Come on out for our final Wednesday Wiffle at 6:45.

4 comments:

  1. my hat was about 48 yards away. nor do i see why we can't play wednesdays in august a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contrarian.

    To say "Kurt's hat was 48 yards away" would not have the good literary flow as found in the post.

    I think we will need to check the August sunset times before we commit to so radical a plan as August Wednesday Wiffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8:48
    8:40
    8:31
    8:21
    8:10
    tb

    ReplyDelete
  4. are we no longer getting email announcements about this blog? if not, why? my uzi weighs a ton and it's only 48 yards away!

    ReplyDelete