Saturday, March 24, 2012

Final Tune Up

Matt: "I can't stay long.  I'm a short timer today."
Kurt: "Why?"
Matt: "Yes."
Kurt: "Why are you leaving early?"
Matt: "That's right."
Kurt: "What's the reason?"
Matt: "The Y."
Kurt: "That's what I'm asking you! Why are you taking off early?"
Matt: "Uh-huh. Y, like you said."
Kurt: "I don't even know what I'm talking about!!"

All while Peter drew some groovy-wavy lines. Then we played with rookie of the year candidate, and fellow St. Louis Cardinal fan, John, joining Kurt against Peter and Matt.  An NL vs AL matchup that used to only occur in Spring Training.

Before I had to take my kids to the Y,  the AL had thumped Kurt for five hits and plating 2 runs in the top of the first.  Matt worked around two singles in the bottom of the first. John took the mound in the second inning and got Matt to line out to Kurt....

And after that I have no idea what went on.

I do know that the Commish has declared the real season starts next Saturday, March 31, 2012.  Don't miss the pomp and pageantry that is the Wiffle Opener.  See ya!

2 comments:

  1. John hit a grand slam off the commish. I don't even know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete