Saturday, April 24, 2010

Game of April 10, 2010

Yesterday afternoon, as I relaxed on my porch, salving the day's physical wounds with the necessary lotions and unguents, and the spiritual wounds with the balm of my choice, "Stats" Lindsay's lovely wife Karen happened by my home and legal domicile. After exchanging a ...few neighborly pleasantries she uttered the following words which have now permanently burned themselves into the very depths of my being: "I heard you got shellacked!"

Well, Karen, let me just say this: I'll take on you, and all the wiffle widows combined, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE!!! It's one thing to wait patiently by the phone to hear about your "man's" latest exploits on the asphalt and another thing entirely to step into the arena and put the plastic where it counts. Like the great Bobby Riggs before me, I throw down the following challenge: bring it on!

Shellacked indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment